Tropical Feeling…..


Ever wanted to bring some tropical feel at home? When you can not go on vacation, or even a short break, a quick and relatively inexpensive to transform your home into a Caribbean paradise may not be so hard is what it seems.

So I turn my thoughts to warm tropical breezes, a Mai Tai on the beach, coconut suntan oil, long dresses flirty little (well, a girl can dream, can not?). And he began to change my plan for my small apartment in a weekend oasis.

Experts say that a perfume can cause some memory of old age. The smell of baking apple pie can be brought back to the porch of his grandmother. The scent of roses can make you remember the dozens of roses first received her first love ....... So maybe we can make scents induce memory Vacation, Bahamas. To make my home and my soul in a tropical paradise at least one day.
Beach Beauty That Tropical Feeling.....


First off, my house needs a little lift. It's musky, damp, dreary. So I start off With A pack of incense sticks $ 1.00 from the local swap meet. In Vanilla. Put one in every room (call me desperate), but my neighbor in About 10 minutes bangs on my door. (THIS is part of my tropical day??) Only to comment on "What's that great smell coming from your apartment???" Oh, It's Already working, (just did not think it would Affect the neighbors!)

Feeling a little more like splurging? Try the "Aroma Sticks" by Donna Karan, super chic in a black wooden incense container Eastern Express That inspires That feel .....

Next, to my kitchen. The kitchen you say? Okay, I'm on a mission ...... I take lemon peels and orange & Throw Them in my garbage disposal ... Along With Some ice cubes (to sharpen the blades They Say), and my kitchen smells like paradise now. (Better than the smell garlic tomato sauce from last night!)

AH, my house and home are Beginning to smell heavenly. Now, how about me? My soul Could use a little R & R. A tropical spa day it is. I burn candles from the Attractions Some Collection from Aroma-Vera in "Attractions" (Orange & Ylang Ylang) and "Bliss" (Orange & Rose), and start ....

As the bath is running, I start off first, With Philosophy's "On a Clear Day" facial scrub. A great facial polisher, just note That You really do not need that much. Then, on to Borgheses "Fango Active Mud" for Face & Body. This dark green slimy mud, Went on okay, tightened, and left my skin feeling and great Afterwards Taught! Nothing like sliming On Some mud to feel 'tropical'. The bad part, is I chickened out on the 'body' part. What do you do for 15-20 minutes while it's working? You really can not sit down you know .... maybe I'll get the guts to try it next time ....

While the mud WAS working it's magic, I Poured some "Citrus Dream" Aromatherapy Bath Salts by Essential Elements. I did not think I'd like this, (remove from the jar Directly strong) but as the hot water mingled, it had a nice tangy Actually, wake up scent About It. Perfect for first thing in the morning! Some other new bath salts to try are herbal and Sebastian's new body line, like their "Body Cavier" bath salts, and Avon's Fragranced Bath Sparkles ....

Next, I lather on the new Rainbath "Awakening Shower & Bath Gel" by Neutrogena. In the "Marine Citrus" scent. I'm a long time fan of Their oils and body lotions, so I Decided to try this new Shower & Bath Gel. A cool aqua shade made me buy this one, and again, it performed. Lathered great, cool and smelled wonderful. Like a rainforest gone south .....

Oh, by the hour or so In This bath, and I'm already a new person. Next, "Sheer Lotion Spray" by Parfums de Coeur, Pineapple in Pineapple .... you say? I know, me too. I'm more a rosy, floral scent kinda girl, But heh, this is the Bahamas bathroom! This creamy lotion sprays on Actually, massage and Then You Into the skin. It left my skin silky, soft, not sticky, and the scent Actually WAS nice! Slightly tangy pineapple in That sort of way ... but not overkill ... nice! I'm awake now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...